There are two kinds of bodybuilders; those, who build their bodies and still eat meat and those who decide to eat as vegetarians do. Do you know who a vegetarian is? I am very sure you do because it isn’t a new name under the sun. Well, in this wonderful article, we will be talking about the vegetarian body builder’s diet: 15 tips to building muscles the vegan way but before I move on, I would like to list the sub-headings because they will be thoroughly explained for your own good.
1. Who is a vegetarian?
2. What is vegetarianism?
3. How do you differentiate a vegetarian body builder from a normal bodybuilder?
4. What is the difference between a vegetarian diet and a normal bodybuilder’s diet?
5. 20 tips for a vegetarian body builder.
6. Benefits of being a vegetarian.
Well, all these will be discussed right here and right now and I hope your eyes are glued to this because every point counts.
Hold up! I know, I know…it is true that men (real ones) eat meat but do you know that not all meat have a positive effect to the body. I know that meat is filled with the protein and other nutrients that aid in the building of muscles; but do you know that there are other foods which can do more than such? I am not telling you to become a vegetarian but for those who despise meat, I would do the honor of giving to you the things that are to be known in order to build muscle and keep the body fit.
So, starting from the top on body builder’s diet;
Who is a vegetarian?
A vegetarian is someone who doesn’t eat any fleshy food such as meat, fish, or poultry. Other vegetarians don’t eat dairy foods but use nuts, vegetables and grains as substitute. There are three different kinds of vegetarians and they are; lacto-ovo-vegetarian, lacto-vegetarian and vegan. Lacto-ovo-vegetarian are vegetarians who include dairy foods and eggs in their meals or diet; lacto-vegetarians are those who eat only dairy products; while vegans are those who don’t eat animal products.
What is vegetarianism?
From the definition of a vegetarian, you should be able to know what vegetarianism is all about. Vegetarianism is the act of refraining from eating meat. There are reasons for its absorption. Some people decide to go into such eating plan due to health, political, environmental, cultural, economic and also a conscious life.
How do you differentiate a vegetarian body builder from a normal bodybuilder?
The difference is very clear to us. A normal body builder eats anything in the flesh family in order to gain enough muscle and also strengthen the bones while a vegetarian body builder will depend on the other food substances in order to get that perfect and sexy body. I have noticed that most vegetarians get trimmed and muscular than those who feed on meat; and it has become something of a controversy. Well, for the record, it is really impressive and I am happy for anyone who is in that category.
What is the difference between a vegetarian diet and a normal bodybuilder’s diet?
Well, I don’t think I should be explaining this again because it is all at the top. The difference in both diets is that one has to do with the eating of dairy products and meat while the other is otherwise. There is a friend of mine who regards vegetarians as herbivores. I laugh at that because I don’t think they are. Don’t you think it is a very funny statement? Well, let’s move to the next point on bodybuilder’s diet which is the most important of them all.
15 tips for a vegetarian body builder
if you want to build muscle but you think you can’t because you are a vegetarian, it is high time you put on a smiling face because you will get to have that promising physique in no time once you obey all the things which will be listed out for you.
• Consume enough vegetables and fruits: Fruits and vegetables are very good supplies of bodybuilding nutrients. They also serve as anti-oxidants for the flushing out of toxic wastes ion the body. Examples of such fruits are citrus fruits (oranges, banana, grapes, grape fruit, berries, etc.), pears, and the likes of them. They aid in the strengthening of the body and they can be eaten any day and anytime.
• Eat quinoa in place of rice: There are two kinds of rice; the white and the brown rice. The brown rice is one of the best foods that aid in the removal of fat; but sometimes, it can be hard to get. So, it is recommended that you eat quinoa which tastes exactly like brown rice. This also aids in the processing of muscle build.
• Eat enough egg whites or soy powders: All the protein foods in the world, the best is egg. Though I said earlier that not all vegetarians love to eat dairy products but I advise those who eat them to eat more of eggs because they boost the intake of protein and also convenient for you.
• Do not eat processed foods: This is one mistake vegetarians make and it is really baffling. Eating fruits and vegetables doesn’t mean you will become too lazy to hunt for fresh ones. If you feel it is hard work going hunting, I advise that you plant your own garden and you will get the freshest vegetables ever. Processed foods have chemicals in them that will not encourage it to work positively. Instead, it would work negatively and you won’t like what you get.
• Vary your food choices: Eating foods that vary in your diet is a very good way of getting the best nutrients and also preventing any form of deficiency.
• Get enough calories: These calories are very good for vegetarian body builders. One thing you must keep in mind is that when you don’t get enough of these calories, you will end up using up the proteins entering the body as fuel and it won’t be nice at all. When this happens, you are likely to get some deficiencies and I know you despise being unhealthy.
• Eat enough legumes: These are carbs which are low in fat and can be very good snacks when taken the right way.
• Become a lacto-ovo-vegetarian: As I said at the beginning, they are the ones who deal with dairy foods and this means that they have the tendency of getting a perfect body than any other vegetarian. My reason for this is that all these dairy products contain almost all the necessary nutrients needed for the growth of the muscles. Some of these dairy foods are eggs, milk, cheese, yoghurt, and egg whites. It will definitely make your life easier and make it easy for you to look sexy.
• Eat enough nuts: They serve as fuel for the keeping of the body going. They also serve as long lasting forms of energy and just a handful will increase the amount of calories taken into the body which will make the muscles develop faster.
• Eat enough spinach and broccoli: These are very good vegetables which contain a whole lot of calcium.
• Don’t be easily discouraged: This is one thing that weighs a lot of body builders down and I weep when I notice such. For you to be a successful body builder, it is very important that you focus on using the body builders’ diet without listening to what anyone has against it because they will definitely weigh you down and you won’t be able to meet that target.
• Never skip breakfast: This is the most important meal of the day and it i9s expected to have all the right nutrients for the body to utilize. Sometimes, I skip breakfast due to one thing or the other but I have told myself that I won’t do such anymore because I have to lead by example.
• Watch out for your body fat level: The body fat level must be monitored when gaining muscles so that when you notice muscle mass reducing, immediate action will be taken.
• Consume iron supplements: One nutrient that will lead to the losing of muscle mass is iron because it is responsible for the development of the red blood cells and its deficiency can cause fatigue after working out. So, it is best you add it to your meals daily.
• Be positive: It might take a very long time before a vegetarian will get used to the diet and build muscle but as you focus and be determined, you will get the best result and assure you that you will not live to regret it.
Benefits of being a vegetarian
in simple and short phrases, I will say that the benefit of being a vegetarian is that you will find it difficult to add weight and also you will be able to stay fit for a very long time.
Well, this is where I sign out on body builder’s diet and you can send your feedbacks to me any time. I will check them out!